Toronto, ON – The Ontario Hockey League today announced details for the third annual OHL Coaches Conference scheduled forSaturday June 4, 2016, at UOIT in Oshawa, ON.
“For the third straight season the OHL is excited to offer a program that brings together coaches from across Ontario,” said Joe Birch, OHL Senior Director of Hockey Development and Special Events. “This is a great opportunity for OHL coaches along with our special guests from the AHL and NHL to share best practices with minor hockey coaches in an interactive professional development day.”
The Minor Hockey Coaches Program will cover several topic areas such as:
- Player Evaluation & Selection (Roger Hunt, General Manager, Oshawa Generals)
- Effective Season & Practice Planning (Bob Jones, Head Coach, Oshawa Generals)
- Goaltender Development in Practices (Rick Wamsley, Ottawa Senators / OHL Goaltending Consultant)
- Face-Off Plays (Steve Spott, Assistant Coach, San Jose Sharks)
- Developing Forwards (Paul McFarland, Head Coach, Kingston Frontenacs)
- In Season Training Programs (Mark Fitzgerald, Anaheim Ducks / OHL Nutrition and Training Consultant)
The program will also include a ‘Coaching Pathways’ panel hosted by Sportsnet’s Jeff Marek who will facilitate discussion between Toronto Maple Leafs Assistant Coach DJ Smith, San Jose Barracuda Assistant Coach Ryan Mougenel, and Hamilton Bulldogs Associate Coach Troy Smith.
Registration is now open for the Minor Hockey Coaches Program with space for 90 delegates. The conference is open to any coach registered within the OHF, OHA, OWHA, HEO, or HNO, coaching Pee-Wee ‘AAA’, Minor Bantam and Major Bantam ‘AE to AAA’, Minor Midget and Midget ‘AE to AAA’. Cost of the OHL Coaches Conference is $200 that includes an OHL welcome gift, all presented materials, and lunch. The one-day program will also provide attending coaches with three certification points towards their Hockey Canada coaching levels.
Interested applicants can complete the online registration for the third annual OHL Coaches Conference here.
For more information please contact:
OHL Senior Director of Hockey Development & Special Events
Phone: 416-299-8700 ext. 228